Company Environmental Policy
SR Industrial designs, supplies, installs and maintains an extensive range of equipment for projects. These include heating, ventilation and air conditioning in Reading, Bracknell and the Thames Valley. Our company environmental policy details our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint.
We actively promote environmental awareness throughout the company and comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
Our company environmental policy aims are:
- To comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice.
- To protect the environment by preventing and minimising our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water.
- To keep wastage to a minimum and use our materials and resources wisely and efficiently.
- To reduce, re-use or recycle our waste as much as possible.
- To manage and dispose of all waste that we cannot reduce, re-use or recycle in a safe and responsible manner.
- To provide training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture.
- To regularly communicate our environmental performance to our employees and other significant parties.
- To develop our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation.
- To source and promote environmentally-friendly and energy saving products.
- To ensure the energy efficiency rating of all our products is easily available.
- To monitor and continuously improve our environmental performance.
We believe that our Environmental Policy Statement provides you with all the assurance and safeguards you need to be sure that when you instruct SR Industrial to undertake work on your behalf, we will do so with as little environmental impact as possible.
We actively promote environmental awareness throughout the company and encourage employees to discuss ideas or concerns informally. Environmental issues are on the agenda at every team meeting to monitor our progress. We have full management commitment to our environmental policy and the funds necessary to implement this are allocated whenever possible.
We are a mobile producer of hazardous waste as we occasionally recover and dispose of refrigerant recovered during installation work. We transport recovered refrigerant by road to an authorised waste broker. As we produce less than 500kg per annum, we are exempt from registration.
Full compliance with environmental legislation
Our teams comply with all relevant environmental legislation. We recognise that our operations inevitably have an effect on the environment and wish to minimise the potentially harmful effects of our activities as much as reasonably possible. We also have a duty of care to ensure that any waste we produce is handled safely and within the law.